- Role: Ricercatore
- Office:U4 stanza 5046
- Telephone number:02- 64483551
- Reception Hours:su appuntamento
- Laboratorio Tecnologie Abilitanti Biomolecolari, Corso di Laurea di I Livello in Biotecnologie;
- Biologia Molecolare degli Eucarioti,Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Biologia (2 CFU).
Research interests: stress resistance (e.g. oxidative and osmotic stress), apoptosis, cell cycle regulation and molecular mechanisms of signal transduction in eukaryotes, in particular in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast models can play an important role, since the findings in yeast can be interpolated to humans. She is also involved in single cell techniques to study signal transduction pathways. Molecular and cellular biology techniques and flow cytometry assays are some of the approaches used in her laboratory.
The current topics of research are the following:
1) Stress resistance and mechanisms of signal transduction in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a) studies on the role of Aif1, Hxk2 and active Ras proteins in apoptosis; b) Influence of PKA-dependent phosphorylation of Ras2 in the control of invasive and pseudohyphal growth.
2) Single cell techniques to study signal transduction pathways: a) Detection of cAMP and of PKA activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae single cells using FRET probes; b) Modeling and simulation of Ras/cAMP/PKA pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Reviewer for the following journals: Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, FEMS Microbiology Reviews and Microbial Cell Factories.
- Editorial Board Member of Dataset Papers in Science and Journal of Microbiology and Genetics.
- Member of the Biology and Biotechnology PhD board.
- Member of the Italian Society of Biochemistry (SIB).