giovedì 26 maggio 2016, ore 14:00, aula U4-08, edificio U4,
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Bioscienze, Università degli Studi Milano-Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza, 20126 Milan, Italy
Event in the frame of the RISE-MSC Project “Advanced bioinformatics for metagenome analysis and for discovering novel biocatalysts from extremophiles”.
PhD Program in Biology and Biotechnology, University of Milano Bicocca
14:oo Welcome and Introduction – Marina Lotti – University of Milano Bicocca.
– Antarctic wildlife: natural model organisms for studying adaptation
Sandra Pucciarelli – School of Biosciences and Veterinary Medicine, University of Camerino, Italy.
– The dynamic nature of the interaction of ice binding proteins with ice
Ido Braslavsky – The Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
– Metabolic modelling of cold adaptation and nutrients switching
Marco Fondi – ComBo (Florence Computational Biology group), Dep. of Biology, University of Florence, Italy.
15:30-16:00 coffee break
– Metabolites from Antarctic organisms
Donatella De Pascale – Institute of Protein Biochemistry – National Research Council Naples, Italy.
– Flexibility as the major determinant of retained activity of cold active enyzmes
Osman Ugur Sezerman – Dept. of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, Acibadem University, Istanbul and Epigentetiks A.S Teknopark Istanbul, Turkey.
– How cold adaptation shapes quaternary structure: structure of an unusual dimeric enzyme
Stefania Brocca – Dept of Biotechnology and Biosciences, University of Milano Bicocca, Italy.
Communication for poster presentations are welcome. Please contact the organization (firstname.lastname@example.org)